Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Valid: 1 November 2019 - 31 October 2020
The information given on the other tabs/worksheets of this document form part of the Terms & Conditions for the Ashtons Kruger Shuttle services and are binding for all Ashtons Kruger Shuttle bookings. Additional terms & conditions for this product are given below. All information provided can be added to or amended at any time during the course of a season without notice.
By placing bookings with Ashtons for the Kruger Shuttle services, agents & clients accept all these terms & conditions without exception.
Rates are applicable to all adults and children - no discounts for children of any age.
The shuttle service operates on a driver-only basis with an English speaking driver.
Nett/STO rates are non-commissionable.
Rates are subject to change at any time without notice.
At the discretion of management a fuel levy may be implemented at any time.
PRE/POST-SHUTTLE TRANSFERS - JOHANNESBURG AREA
The Ashtons Kruger Shuttle only collects/returns shuttle clients in Johannesburg at the OR Tambo Bus Terminal Building. It is the clients' responsibility to get themselves to/from this location in accordance with the relevant Kruger Shuttle's advertised timing. Most OR Tambo area accommodation facilities offer complimentary transfers to/from the airport every 20-30 mins. For other Gauteng facilities we recommend www.gautrain.co.za given that it is safe and reliable and many hotels offer complimentary transfer to/from the nearest Gautrain station. Alternatively, pre/post-shuttle Gauteng road transfer rates are available on request
PRE/POST-SHUTTLE TRANSFERS - GREATER KRUGER & SURROUNDS
The daily Kruger Shuttle services run between the pick-up/drop-off locations as indicated in the Locations section. If, where applicable, clients choose the Ashtons option for Add-on transfer between Hazyview Perry's Bridge and the accommodation facility, then the add-on transfer will either be done by Ashtons or by one of the locally based private transfer companies and it will most often be done in a separate vehicle. Clients going to/from different accommodation facilities that are located in the same geographical area may be transferred in the same vehicle.
BOOKING & CONFIRMATION
Bookings are always subject to seat availability. Ashtons will always assist wherever possible but reserves the right to decline bookings when we cannot adequately assist - no free sale.
Bookings, amendments and cancellations are not confirmed until Ashtons has confirmed them in writing. If you do not receive a written confirmation within one full working day of sending your request please make contact with Ashtons since we may not have received your email.
PAYMENT & CANCELLATION OF BOOKINGS
Payment must be received by Ashtons in advance of the 1st leg for each shuttle booking. Credit facilities are not available for the Kruger Shuttle. Failure to meet the pre-payment requirement will result in cancellation without notification.
Cancellation fees may apply should the service be cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival. Once payment is received 100% cancellation fees apply regardless of reasons for cancelling. 100% cancellation fees will apply to 'NO SHOWS' regardless of applicable reasons.
The Kruger Shuttle's advertised timing is a guideline affected by traffic, weather, comfort stops and road conditions. Should delays occur Ashtons will make contact with the relevant agents, lodges & transfers. Ashtons reserves the right to amend the timing without prior notification.
Shuttle clients must be at their chosen pick-up location 15 minutes before the pick-up time indicated in the Timing section for verification and loading. During that time Ashtons will search the immediate pick-up area only for missing clients but will NOT contact booking agents to try to track down missing clients. It is the clients' responsibility to be on time and any clients not present by the advertised departure time will be treated as a NO SHOW regardless of reason.
Pre/post-shuttle transfers not booked through Ashtons must comply with the Shuttle's timing.
The Kruger Shuttle is a set-departure service with scheduled timing that must be adhered to as far as possible for the sake of all passengers on board. It is the clients' responsibility to comply with the shuttle's timing by being present at the confirmed pick-up location and time. Ashtons accepts no responsibility whatsoever for clients who miss the Shuttle's departure regardless of reason and requests for refunds will not be entertained.
Ashtons cannot be held responsible for flight delays, missed flights, accommodation or any costs incurred by the clients due to circumstances beyond our control. Should Ashtons be at fault the limit of its liability will be the value of the funds paid to Ashtons for relevant transfer(s).
All client luggage is the owner's responsibility at all times and Ashtons accepts no responsibility for lost luggage or items of a personal nature.
Clients should always have valid travel insurance to cover loss of baggage, delays, missed flights or other bookings and Ashtons accepts no responsibility in these areas.
We are a nationally bonded member of SATSA with our head office and operational base in Pretoria. Ashtons Tours & Safaris is a specialist in transfers, game lodges and safaris to the Greater Kruger area with our team available to give guests sound advice on how to maximize their stay whilst on vacation in South Africa. Should you be looking for the sumptuous comfort of a luxury lodge or a more authentic rustic bush experience, we can provide you with a tour that will far surpass your expectations. Our Greater Kruger lodge and safari packages combine quality game lodges and personal safari encounters with affordable transfers to and from Johannesburg. With our package deals, you are able to experience true Africa and its majestic wildlife at a reduced cost.
- All our Shuttle vehicles are of high quality international standard.
- During our Shuttle services, clients are transferred in Toyota
- Quantum 14-seater vehicles with large luggage trailers.
- We focus on comfort and safety, providing air-conditioning, bottled water, individual seat belts, cup-holders, magazine nets and satellite tracking during the transfer.
- Each bus has a relevant transport permit plus R100 million passenger liability insurance as well as PAX-Sure insurance of R500 000 per seat.
- Each driver is highly experienced in long distance driving, carries a valid driving license and a professional driving permit, and is on the road for only 6-8 hours per day.
You must make your own arrangements in advance for your chosen accommodation/safari to collect you from the shuttle’s drop-off location. If you need any advice or assistance in this regard, please contact us. The final short transfer will see you arrive at your accommodation facility or safari operation in time for your first guided activity.
- Each passenger utilizing our Shuttle services is permitted a maximum of 30 kg of luggage which will be stored in the large luggage trailer and/or the rear luggage section of the vehicle.
- Each passenger may also carry one hand-held item of luggage weighing no more than 7 kg.
- Any extra luggage must be pre-booked in advance and confirmed by Ashtons in writing.
Extra luggage will be charged for at R50 per extra 20 kgs or part thereof.
Please Contact Us if you would like to book extra luggage for the Shuttle service.
Vehicle, driver, fuel and tolls for the designated shuttle route
- Any client reserve entrance fees / conservation levies
- Anything not mentioned above
- Pre/post shuttle transfers in Gauteng and the Lowveld. Most OR Tambo area accommodation facilities offer complimentary transfers to/from the airport every 20 to 30 minutes. For other Gauteng facilities we recommend www.gautrain.co.za given that it is safe and reliable, and many hotels offer complimentary transfer to/from the nearest Gautrain station. Alternatively, Gauteng pre/post-shuttle road transfer rates are available on request.
- Guaranteed daily departures in both directions 365 days of the year
- There are NO single supplements – rates are ‘per person one way’
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- Shuttle clients will be transferred in one vehicle with a large luggage trailer
- Shuttle clients must be at their chosen pick-up location 15 minutes before the pick-up time indicated in the Itinerary section for verification and loading. It is the clients’ responsibility to be on time and any Kruger Shuttle clients not present by the advertised departure time will be treated as a NO SHOW regardless of reason.
- Prior arrangements must be made with the relevant Game Lodges or Accommodation Facilities for collect/return at the above Shuttle Locations in accordance with the shuttle’s advertised timing as per the Itinerary section.
- Alternatively, affordable add-on transfer rates to/from each individual Game Lodge and Accommodation Facility in the surrounding area are available on request.