Comfort shuttle services:
- Ideal for those local and international travelers who prefer to depart late morning from OR Tambo and arrive in the Lowveld at the end of the day; and/or depart early morning from the Lowveld and arrive at OR Tambo in the early afternoon.
- Include a limited number of shuttle pick-up/drop-off points located in the major Lowveld centers. International guests may need to arrange pre/post shuttle transfers at an extra cost.
- Include our tried & trusted, safe, comfortable and reliable fleet vehicles.
- Include qualified drivers who provide a safe and professional ‘point to point’ transfer service.
- Chilled bottled water can be purchased during the transfer – all profits are donated to Nourish NPO, a Rural Community Upliftment Non-Profit Organization.
- Include 1 ‘comfort stop’ during the transfer, allowing guests to stretch their legs andpurchase refreshments.
Premier shuttle services:
- Ideal for the international traveler who prefers to arrive at their game lodge in time for lunch and their first afternoon-evening guided game activity; and/or depart from their game lodge after their final morning guided game activity and breakfast.
- Include several convenient pick-up/drop-off points located either at or very close to the main gates of the major reserves that are part of Greater Kruger.
- Many game lodges collect/deliver their guests at these Ashtons shuttle locations either for free or for a nominal charge, allowing guests to avoid expensive local private transfer fees.
- Include our latest new-shape 14-seater Toyota Quantums. These luxurious vehicles offer more legroom, wider and more comfortable reclining seats, individual air-con and LED light controls, and a lot more space, comfort and luxury.
- Include our most experienced drivers (some of whom are qualified tour guides) who will share interesting route information during the transfer.
- Include complimentary chilled bottled water.
- Include complimentary Wi-Fi – coming soon.
- Include 2-3 ‘comfort stops’ during the transfer, allowing guests to stretch their legs and purchase refreshments.
High Quality International Standard Vehicles
- ALL our guests are transferred in Toyota Quantum 14-seater vehicles. Some are the new shape, manufactured from 2019, and Ashtons was amongst the first to carry these on our fleet. Some are recent-model old shape vehicles, manufactured up to 2018.
- The Toyota Quantum 14-seater is the only large people-carrier used in South Africa that is100% factory manufactured and leaves the factory in its final ‘end product’ form.
- All other large people-carriers, including the Mercedes Sprinter and the VW Crafter, are manufactured as Panel Vans (designed for Cargo usage) and are subsequently converted into people-carriers by third party companies. While SABS approved, their inherent safety and durability can never be to the same level as the Toyota Quantum.
- Ashtons focuses on comfort and safety, providing air-conditioning, bottled water, cup holders, magazine nets, satellite tracking and large luggage trailers. And our vehicles all offer full 3-point safety belts, unlike the Sprinter or Crafter that can only offer lap belts.
- Each Ashtons vehicle has its relevant and valid Operating License, plus R100 million passenger liability insurance, as well as PAX-Sure insurance of R500 000 per seat.
- Each Ashtons driver is highly experienced in long-distance driving, carries a valid driving license and professional driving permit, and drives for only 6-8 hours per day.